Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Voting


So I voted today for our local mayor and school officials.

It's hard to figure out who to vote for anymore.... especially when we have 6 candidates for mayor.  But, two are really just names on the ballot.  I narrowed it down to 3 candidates but it was even hard to find out if they were republican or democrats... so I dug deeper and tried to find all the issues each candidate was running for and why they thought I should pick them and made the best decision I knew.... I just want Decatur to be Greater... it is NOT where it should be, it is not even close to some of our neighboring cities and we are great people and the community has so much to offer but its just not happening.  I hope the best for our city.

As far as the education system... it is in shambles and it needs some major work..... I hope we get some much needed change and improvements for the future of our city.

Anyway, I exercised my privilege today and every time I do so it makes me feel a sense of pride.  I hope you took the time to vote, if not... you still have time! These small elections mean so much more than you think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment