Saturday, August 20, 2016

Old Railroad Bridge

I woke up this morning and Thomas and I headed to the local Farmer's Market. We picked up some fresh tomatoes, plums and cantaloupe.  Then we enjoyed a nice breakfast at Jack's.  We went our separate ways for a little while so he could go fly his airplane and I could get us a picnic lunch together and get ready for a short adventure trip.

Desmond came home from his Dad's and met us so we all go off to "The Shoals" area. It was raining off and on but we managed to pull out a spectacular day despite the weather.

We stopped off at Veterans Memorial Park in Florence and enjoyed our picnic lunch of tomato sandwiches and fruit.  Then we walked around the park, I have to say they really appreciate the soldiers there in Florence the memorial is impressive for such a small community.

Then we went on to find the Old Railroad Bridge which was the focus of our trip there. It is really more in Sheffield but near Florence I don't know where you call it lol.  Anyway it was built in the 1830s and the top is a railroad track the bottom was a bridge traveled by horses/cars and foot.  I find this bridge very fascinating and I am so glad I got to go and enjoy the beauty of it.  I love that they have this historic place  open to the public for a nice walk out on the Tennessee River.  They have nature trails around there for plenty of exercise. :)  They also have snakes lol I about stepped on one... so WATCH OUT! haha.










We closed our trip with dinner at River Bottom Grille.  The atmosphere, the food, the company... it was all PERFECT.  I thoroughly enjoyed our little adventure and look forward to the next one! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment