Saturday, July 18, 2015

Wet Dog Triathlon 2015

I have trained this year with Ali and her Wet Dog Triathlon Training group.

I have learned a lot about my swimming.

I also worked with my friend Glen some in open water swimming and I finally realized what I have been doing wrong, its like a light bulb went off in my head on my last open water swim with Glen.... he said "It looks like you are fighting so hard, have you ever tried going slow?" Well, I always thought I would sink if I didn't move fast.  I tried swimming slow, and guess what? I didn't tire out so quickly and I was able to swim A LOT longer without needing to roll over for breaks.  It is honest to GOD amazing the difference I felt. Now mind you I am no FASTER and I am still a weak swimmer, but it amazingly got easier and made the fact that I have to swim almost a mile for Rocketman coming up much more manageable and less like I was setting myself up for failure. I might actual be able to do this now!

Thomas and I met Glen and Leigh Ann for dinner at the Brick before Wet dog, it was a great night with friends.





Wet dogs, swim was much better. Not much faster but not so exhausting which made the bike much faster for me.
The run sort of sucked.... well it did suck.  It was EXTREMELY Hot... and miserable lol but hey I finished and I PR'd my previous race time. So I call it a win!








No comments:

Post a Comment