Happy New Year!!!
As this new year rolled in I have spent some time reflecting over many years that have past, and contemplating what I want 2015 to hold for me.
In my reflections I begin thinking of things in 2014 that I missed. Like I said I would do this and that but didn't do those things. For example, I said I was going to reach my goal weight in 2014 and I didn't, I said I was going to beat all my races from the previous year and perform at my best in my sports but I didn't. I said I was going to work on my debt, but I didn't. Blah right? Well, I decided not to beat myself up and instead to reflect on all of my accomplishments. I mean ALL of them! So, I decided I would reflect on the positive and continue to try my very best that hopefully 2015 will hold even more accomplishments.
Things I have accomplished: My first memorable accomplishment was graduating from High School. Then, I had my beautiful baby girl at the young age of 19. I then had my gorgeous baby boy. Both kids were raised by myself mainly, as far as the financial support I can have pride that I provided for them mostly all on own my own. I managed to go through a technical college to obtain a trade (Medical Assistant) to provide for my children. I graduated with honors from that technical school. I worked and went to school at the same time, with two small children, so this was a major accomplishment for me. I bought my first home, all on my own. I have worked up from a medical assistant to a clinical coordinator, to an Office Manager. I quit smoking after smoking for 14 years. I have been quit 10 years (Thomas' says 9 but I don't know lol its either 9 or 10 now). I have went from a couch potato to run/walking my first 5k, to my first duathlon, my first sprint triathlon, my first half marathon.... and proceeded to continue to do these yearly since my firsts. I have lost from 188 lbs to 160 lbs and gained, and lost again. lol But, at the moment I am down so I will count it as a win! I have had a beautiful relationship with my love for 12 years... and having a successful relationship is an accomplishment because so many fail, and it does take two to make one work. So, I feel proud of things that I have accomplished so far. I am not trying to brag or toot my own horn, but since my first thoughts of 2014 were negative like look at what all you DIDN'T DO... I really needed to remind myself of what all I HAVE DONE! Because if I can do these things I can certainly accomplish anything I want to in 2015.
What do I want to do in 2015?
1) Beat Diabetes. I may always have this disease, but I want to own it. I want to get my sugar under control and avoid any medication. I want to be in charge of my own health.
2) Reach new goals with my fitness, get stronger, faster and perform better.
3) Be more financially stable, meaning pay off medical bills (2014 was my most expensive medical year of my 38 years, I have had mammogram/ultrasounds x 3/biopsy/ablasion/colonscopy with EGD all in one year and I have a $1500 deductible... so I have way too many medical bills on me right now). I would like to start paying off debt, and hope to have a start on plan in 2015.
4) I am interested in going back to school... 2015 might not hold this, heck I may never make it back, but I hope to investigate, discuss the options with a college and figure out my options within this year.
5) Be a better partner....I know there are numerous ways I could be better and no better time than now to do it.
6) Make more memories, and spend time with my kiddos more.
It's a lot to say I want to do these things, and even more to actually do them. I hear folks say they don't make resolutions, and well that is fine.... but I like the reflection, I like knowing I have goals to reach for and work toward them... rather I meet the goals or not.... I am going to try because you never know what you will achieve. It's better than just going around day to day with no goals... I think Goals are important.
Happy New Year and may you reach all of you goals, have happiness, health and friendship. :)
I know we enjoyed our pork, greens, blackeyed peas, tators, and corn bread so we should be set for 2015.
OH, and I can't leave out... ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! :)