Thursday, December 25, 2014

HO HO HO

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
 
Our Christmas begin on the EVE, we had a nice evening with family, food, and Christmas lights.
 
My Mom, My Dad and Karen, Cathy, Destiny and Derrick, Desmond, Thomas and myself as well as our guest Mark all sat down to eat dinner at 6pm.
 
We had Ham, potato salad, chicken n dressing, mac n cheese, broccoli casserole, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls, and banana pudding.  (The Broccoli casserole was a hit)
 
This year was a bit off, because for many years my Dad and Karen would spend the night with us and be there when we woke up for Christmas gifts.  Then he started going to a hotel room but still here first thing on Christmas morning. And, now, this year he left on Christmas Eve and wasn't here for Christmas morning. It was a little sad for me, but I understand where he is coming from too.  He started being here on Christmas after I mentioned one year it was pretty depressing just me watching the kiddos open their gifts on Christmas morning.  Now Destiny doesn't come on Christmas morning and Desmond is plenty old enough..... so I understand there is no NEED for him to be here, but I sure did miss him Christmas morning!
 
On the Eve, we all watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes... not your traditional Christmas movies... but my Dad had never seen them and was wanting to so we put it on the big screen for him.
 
Christmas Eve was full of another gift, Cathy Decided to spend the night with us, and it was nice having both Mom's here on Christmas morning. It was pretty funny hearing the two of them cackling like children on Christmas morning trying to be quiet but laughing so hard they woke the whole house up... (all but Desmond, as he decided to sleep in still haha)
 
We had a marvelous Christmas morning full of gifts, smiles and love. 
 
After the gift opening we had breakfast (Ham biscuits), and got ready to head to Thomas' brothers for more Christmas celebration.
 
All in all I chalk this up as a very nice Christmas.  I only wish I had more funds so I could spoil my man... because I am poor when it comes to money... but rich when It comes to love!
 
But, never the less my guy spoiled me, as he always does. 


 
My Cathy got me this beautiful necklace too, it has my kiddos, myself, Thomas and Her birthstones in it, and It could not be more perfect!!!! :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment