Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014

Happy New Year!!!!

What are my resolutions for 2014:
  • To get more active, and reach the goals that have been just in sight for the last two years but I have yet to achieve.  I do not usually put exact goals here, like exactly what I want to achieve so this year I am going to do that.
    • lose weight to reach a goal of at least 150  lbs
    • have definition in my muscle tone
    • be able to do 50 push ups
    • complete my half marathon in under 3 hours
    • improve my endurance for running
    • complete duathlon and triathlon in 2014 to beat myself from 2013.  I would also like to complete a few 5K's just to see my time improve.
    • make healthier eating choice, think before I eat.  Only eat when hungry and only eat what I need to sustain myself and quit eating for sure pleasure, out of boredom, out of habit, and just ultimately binge eating.
  • To achieve higher income with my job, if I do not achieve the goals I am wanting then I need to figure out a plan for the next phase of my life.
  • Practice more gratitude.  I do not want to be bitter, or negative. I want to take the time necessary to reflect on the positive things and be grateful for all the positive things in my life. Focus less on the negative.
  • Pay off credit card debt... this might take more than a year, but I would like to make some huge accomplishments in 2014 toward my goal.
  • Spend more time with my family.  Make time for trips out of town to see my mom and dad, visit with my Brother in Kentucky and make time to work on my relationship with Destiny and Desmond.

I wish everyone a wonderful 2014 and hope you all reach for your goals and achieve them in 2014.  Today is the first day of the rest of your life, same as any day that you are blessed with waking up.  Enjoy what your life holds, make it what you want, and always remember to practice love and compassion in all areas of your life, it will surely offer you more joy in the long run than sadness by embracing those who are different and opening your mind to possibilities you never thought you could.  I hope all of those who are hurting find strength, love, health and happiness.  I hope all that are happy continue to be, and I hope 2014 holds the changes we need in our life to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment