Monday, October 14, 2013

Thomas' Birthday Weekend

I surprised Thomas with a weekend getaway in Atlanta.  It was a horror themed weekend.  We stayed in a nice hotel, hit up some haunted houses and Fright Fest at Six Flags.

The first we drove around trying to find a place to eat, and we wound up here... "We found Nemo!" and it was good!  The best meal I had in a long time! We must eat here again!

Then, we hit the first haunted house. Netherworld




This was a perfect haunted house.  There were two different haunts.  We got there right when the ticket booth opened, had hardly no wait.  We went right through both haunts and I screamed, and I screamed did I mention I screamed?!?  It was great! Their characters had wonderful movie type make up and outfits.  The scares where perfectly timed, the sets were given explicit detail, well worth the money, time and effort to find this place! 

After that we headed to downtown Atlanta, in hunt for Chamber of Horrors haunted house.  Not being from Atlanta and having to park a ways a way from this haunt in downtown, the environment alone was scary!  I was thinking we could so get mugged here.  Chamber of Horrors was awesome! I did not take my camera in these haunts and there was no way to try to take pictures of this one, but I am telling you it was awesome!  I am going to try to walk you through my experience.  We get up there to the entrance and there is no line. None!  We go to pay for our tickets and they have us sign a waiver and go through some details. "There will be profanity, there will be breast"... and so on.  We go through and they have a bar setup, so we grab us a drink.  Again there is really no line, there are only 2 groups of people in front of us.  The person manning the entrance is a Drag Queen, they call Nurse Stanky.  There is a guy swallowing swords and breathing fire as we wait to go in the entrance just to entertain us.  It gets our turn to go in, and from start to finish.  There were scary unstable elevators and someone even tried to take my boobs... SERIOUSLY! It was definitely adult, but one of the best haunted houses I have ever been too, if you don't mind being screamed at, pissed on, and having a giant vagina squirt you... it's a great place to visit! 

We had not stopped all day by the time the second haunt was over so we decided, why end here? We looked up a theater that had IMAX 3D (because Thomas has mentioned several times he wanted to see Gravity in IMAX 3D), and we found one 20 miles away.  We said what the heck, we got there right in the nick of time to catch the movie.  It was amazing! More excitement, suspense, to the end our night.  We got back to the room at around 1am.  

Saturday morning we woke up and just basically lounged most of the morning, as we were to do Six Flags all day/night this day.  We got there around 1pm and were immediately faced with issues.  
1. You can't take your bag, it was a small back pack those that easily sit on your back with the draw strings.  So we walked back to the car to leave my bag, and all I had was a small wallet that had a strap and the guy said it was ok to have that.
2. The lines were ridiculous, we should have known, but lol you never really are prepared for these kind of waits.
3. Everything is a rip off, I feel I was financially raped.
4. They have you pay 50 bucks almost a ticket to get into the park then charge $25 more for a fright fest arm bracelet to get into the frights at night.
5. The lines for the frights were excruciatingly long, and the scares pretty much sucked.  

I guess the scares at Six Flags would have been better to me if I hadn't already experienced such amazing ones the night before.  But, I do not think we will ever spend the money to go through that again. 

We woke up Sunday morning and just chilled until we were ready to drive home.  We stopped by cracker barrel for nice breakfast before our drive and then made it home safely.

I think he enjoyed his Birthday weekend.  I know my voice was gone for 3 days after it from all the screaming I did on Friday night! :) It was great!



No comments:

Post a Comment