Monday, October 14, 2013

Getting my pink on


I am not claiming to be good at painting my nails, but I thought I would do them up the best I could for the occasion! :)

It's October, Think Pink!  It is breast cancer awareness month.

I am excited to be a part of something great this year. I will be doing my first ever Liz Hurley Ribbon Run for breast cancer awareness. I will be doing this on a team called "Sweetie's Girls".  This is super special to me, because this team was created in honor of a women who I love dearly.  She was like a second mom to me in childhood.  Unfortunately life took me down different paths and I wasn't very close to her once I grew up, but I never forgot her and I still have vivid memories of our time together. She was SO MUCH FUN to be around! She was full of life and full of spunk.  I found out a few years ago when I hooked back up with one of my dear friends (her daughter) that Sweetie (her grandkids called her that and it was so fitting!) that she was a breast cancer survivor. She was bad ass! She supported this race every year and was very passionate about this cause.  Her daughter (Ronda) made a team in her honor this year and I am lucky enough to be on it!  We are going to make Martha (Sweetie) so proud!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment