Saturday, June 1, 2013

Volunteering

I volunteered my first triathlon today, let me say there is alot more going on with those things than you realize.
It wore me slap out!
on Friday evening I went to Lowe's twice and marked the bike and run course. I also went to pick up packets.

I woke up Saturday morning at 5 am and drove to Hartselle, immediately starting handing out registration packets, and timing chips. As soon as all participants had picked up their packets, I moved to the pool where I manually entered every participants number as they exited the pool.  Then down to the run where I manually entered every participants number as they crossed the finish line.  It was non-stop!!!

Then, I went to work my job that pays me afterwards.... I think it might be less work to actually participate! But, I was glad to help out my fellow D-Tri'er's


No comments:

Post a Comment