Friday, March 15, 2013

New Job

I took a new job back in August.  I absolutely love my job.  It is super easy and not really challenging unless I want it to be, and its 3 miles from my house.  There is no over time and no early clinics and the stresses I have had in the last 5 or 6 positions I have held are simply not there!  The pay is not BAD it really isn't that bad at all... but after the benefits and everything I actually bring home $185 bucks less each payday that is $370 a month.  That didn't hurt immediately but as time has gone by that pay difference has REALLY HURT!

Now, I feel like I am happier, healthier and overall just in a better mindset with this new job so I honestly feel it is worth the cut and I still feel I made the right decision.  I was spending a lot more money on gas at the other job but not $370 bucks more lol.

We have a few added monthly expenses too as I joined a gym and now we have a new home security system that is going to set us back... so its all getting a bit more stressful than I ever intended.

Now the question is do I try to get a part time job to offset this and live more comfortable? But, it may hurt my family time, exercise time/training time, house cleaning time.... but I might financially be able to breath better. Or do I ride this out, wait and see... because in a few months one of my bigger bills will be paid off $200... then maybe with that something else could be paid off?  I mean we are making it, bills are all paid, we have food to eat... thankfully we are making it!!!! But, the extra stuff... the fun stuff, the races, the Senior year stuff for my daughter, the sports for my son all the EXTRA stuff is really damn near impossible at this time.

Maybe I should go after the kiddos Dad's who don't pay support?  That would solve all of my issues, right! But, I have been there and done that and Alabama doesn't enforce the laws so it doesn't matter really, it would be a waste of time to fight for it again... so, all I can do is keep doing what I know to do and that is the best that I can.

As you can tell some of me regrets my decision because of the strain it is causing us financially but most of me doesn't because I only have one life to live and I deserve not to be miserable at the place I spend 40 hours of week.  I haven't "dreaded" going to work one day since I started this job and I have already been there over 6 months.  I doubt I ever get a big raise at this place as I am already on the higher end of the pay scale there.

All I can do is the best I can do, if I need a second job I will find one, if we can continue to get by then we will just keep on keeping on and life is good for me with or without those extra things.  I am thankful to have a wonderful man, two absolutely awesome kids, a job that I don't hate, a  nice home, a nice vehicle, a gym membership and many many nice things and activities to participate in that don't cost ANYTHING!!! I am so absolutely blessed!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment