Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013

Well it's a new year.  I welcome 2013 and all the amazing things it will hold for me and my family.  It didn't start off wonderful because when leaving the beach I noticed someone hit my car with something which made me feel a bit sick, but not enough damage for me to really fret over I reckon.

We stopped by the grocery store on the drive home to pick up the ingredients for our traditional New Year's Day meal of hog jowl, black eye'd peas and collard greens.

I have new plans for 2013.  New races, new physical fitness goals, and financial goals.  It's not just a New Year's resolution, its a whole lifestyle change that is about to take place.

I will be fit by the end of the year.  I will have a better 5K time and half marathon time by the end of this year. I will complete in duathlons and triathlons and hopefully improve from my time in 2012.  I will be stronger and I will learn to eat better and make better choices when it comes to how I feed my body as this is a major step for me to overcome with my weight, strength and over all training.  I will utilize the gym membership I have to the fullest.

A lot of other things will happen in 2013. My baby girl will graduate from High School and my son will become a Freshmen in High School, both of which concern me, make me happy and make me sad.  Let's bring on this year of wonderful things! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment