Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy Ending!

This year has been amazing for me as far as what all has happened to me.

- I started this year off on a weight loss journey that caused me to lose 25 lbs.
- I ran my first race ever (2 miles)
- I ran my first 5K
- I ran several more 5Ks (a total of 8)
- I had my first running injury, a bad fall that set me back a bit and got me off track with my weight loss, I actually gained back 10  lbs of the weight I lost.
- I was in my first multi-sport (Duathlon)
- I did my first Triathlon
- I started a new job!
- I did my second Triathlon
- I did my second Duathlon
- I am getting back on track with my weight loss now with a new goal set for the end of year.
- I am going to be doing my first Half Marathon in 13 days! (WOW just saying that freaks me out!)

And to celebrate such a remarkable year of accomplishments we are going to end this year with a BIG BANG! I am super excited about this too!!!!

When I started this journey in January we were watching the show The Biggest Loser.  We never really watched it before and we watched up to about Season 10 before we stopped watching it, and I mean we were watching it back to back most every night all the way through the seasons and it was enjoyable for me to see the transformations of all these peoples bodies.  So I am not a fan of people losing weight super fast and then gaining it back which this show has been prone to do. I am a fan of people eating right, exercising and making a lifestyle change that will forever keep them happy and healthy. Well, I said of that to say that part of the big ban has to do with the beginning of the years fascination with the Biggest Loser. Now, for the BIG BANG News!

I will be participating in another Half Marathon.  Not just any Half Marathon though.  It is The Biggest Loser Half Marathon in Panama City Beach!!!! I am so super excited!  I feel this year has been a change for the better in my life. I am not where I want to be goal wise but I am getting there one step at a time and I will meet my goal before long.  I am becoming stronger and healthier.  The year of 2012 will forever be the year that has changed my life.  

Added perks of going to do this major run is that I will get to do it with my man by my side as he has been this entire year giving me wonderful support and encouragement.  We will get to do in one of most favorite places and we get to do at the end of the year which means we will be ringing in the new year at the beach with the big beach ball drop.  It is going to be a wonderful time!

I have already registered for the race and we already have the room booked.  I have a few worries about going like I will be training for a half marathon during the winter and around the holidays when it comes to eating and cold weather this will be trying and we have the holidays which will hit our extra spending pretty hard so this will be a little complicated to pull off, but I feel it is going to be totally worth it! :)  Once it is over and we are relaxing in our room the party will begin and not end until the drive back home, Celebrating a wonderful year and getting ready for an even more amazing one next year! :)

I told you a BIG BANG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment