Monday, October 15, 2012

Gettin' my Freak Off

I am not going to freak out that my mile pace has slowed down drastically.

I am not going to freak that my legs have knots for the first 3 miles EVERY TIME I RUN.

I am not going to freak that it takes me 2.5 hours to just get 10 miles in and the race that I signed up for in 4 weeks is for 13.1.

I am not going to freak that I have gained 10 lbs of the weight that I had worked so hard to lose somehow this summer (but luckily I am back down 3 lbs hoping to be back down the full 10 by the half marathon).

I am not going to freak that the weather is going to be cold by the time the race gets here and I never once thought about it until a recent cold run.

I am not going to freak that I am now going this alone since Destiny has opted out. And, 13.1 miles alone is hard.

I am not going to freak that I very well may not finish this in under 3 hours.

Not going to freak. Not going to freak.  Why am I not going to freak? Wouldn't you freak? I am not going to freak because I am going to do this.  I am going to finish this event.  It will not be a race for me but none of the events I have signed up for have been to race in them... they have been to prove to myself that I can do it, to give me goals to push for and to finish.  I am a finisher.  I will finish this race! I am not going to freak!

No comments:

Post a Comment