Saturday, September 29, 2012

Racin' the station and Bama vs Ole Miss

Bright and early we headed to the Arsenal to take on the space station.  I got to try Suzie out in the first race and she was fantastic.  This has to be one of the best races I have been involved in, it was ran so smooth and had neat features like rocket blast off and special note from an Astronaut that is on the actual space station.  It was so much fun.  The goal was to beat the station, I did not beat the station.  I had a pretty horrible race myself. My legs were not cooperating with me.  They were like knots which made every step I took very painful which made me do horrible! I was on my heaviest day of my cycle as well, which running tends to help that but on that heavy day I usually feel like hell.  I started the race off with a horrific 2 mile run but made up some time on the bike, Suzie flies (14 miles in an hour), then had to finish off the race with another 2 miles and by this time my legs had already waged a war on me and were not going to back down.  I am proud to have finished this race, and to have two duathlons under my belt.  Now to make major improvements by this time next year!  Here are a few pictures from the race.




We got lucky enough to go see the Tide play a second time.  Our neighbors were selling their tickets and parking pass for a steal.  The game got moved to a really late night game, the weather was a bit unpredictable, and we are true tide fans and didn't give a crap about those things and jumped on the opportunity to go.  To up the ante we decided we could take it on after having woke up and the butt crack of dawn to go to the duathlon and still pull off this late game, because we are bad ass!

We made it to T-Town with plenty of time to spare and we walked around a bit, then it started to rain so we went back to the vehicle for our very own tailgating.  I have mastered my drinking while there now. I am not a big beer drinker, and I love margaritas.  Now I am buying the packs of margaritas that are already made up you can buy in the freezer section of the grocery store.  Pour them in a cup of ice and drink drink drink :) These were amazing!

The game was great, the ride home was uneventful and for that I am thankful because we didn't make it back to our house until after 3 am.  But, it was such a full day of fun for us I wouldn't trade if for anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment