Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pet Grooming

I now have two long haired fury children.  I called to find out how much to get them groomed and I am looking at 50 bucks a piece.  That is 100 dollars every 6 weeks (if they can go that long).  So, I find it much more reasonable to do it myself.  Now it does take me 3 hours or more to do both dogs.  I do hack them up pretty bad, you can tell it isn't professional, but the hair gets cut.  I have gotten good a the ears/faces so they look fine other than the body/feet being uneven and having bald spots, haha, what? I said they look fine.  The one thing I can't bring myself to do is clipping the nails.  I think they charge $10 to do that so I may simply pay the $20 every 6 weeks to get their nails trimmed.

I will say that these dogs are very well behaved for the grooming sessions. They just let me do what I want to for at least 1.5-2 hours without any trouble, for this I am thankful.

Do any of you groom your own pets? How long did it take you to get "good" at it?

No comments:

Post a Comment