Friday, April 27, 2012

Since I've been gone

Wow, I neglect this blog more than anyone. Not sure why I keep coming back to it at all, but its probably because I like to reflect back on things that have happened in my life.  It sucks to try to reflect on them when the post are so few and far between.  Every year or at least every few months I say I am going to do better and I try to, but I slack.  I am a slacker.  I apologize.  Maybe one of these days I will be more consistent.

Since I've been gone lots of things have happened.
In February for Valentines My man took me to see Wicked in Birmingham.  It was the Broadway production and it was absolutely everything I thought it would be,  I even left there with a Wicked jacket that I love!!! As always I had a marvelous Valentine because he rocks my world so hard!

I also joined the Fleet Feet No boundaries program for the Cookie Dash 5K.

February 25th I did my first official 5K.  It was the Love your Library 5K in Decatur, Al.  My time was less than desirable but I did it! I finished in 40:47 and it was bitterly cold so I am proud of that!


On another note my daughter starting her first job.  She started as a hostess but is now a server.  She is loving it.  My son started playing Basketball and is practicing with his school team in the off season already.
I love those bratz, but will say that their performance as teenagers (housework, school work) is less than desirable.  lol 

In March my 16 year old daughter had a very serious accident.  Thankfully she walked away without a mark on her.  However, my car was totaled.  

Now I am sporting a new vehicle with a nice new payment.  But, I am still very blessed that my baby was uninjured.

We adopted a kitten that we named Simon for obvious reasons. He was pitiful, hungry and infested with fleas.  He was crying in my front yard and I just couldn't help but take him in.  We found his "owners" who said "you can have him, he cries too much" so of course I kept him.  I love this little guy, but unfortunately after about a month I decided to give him to another home (a friend of Destiny's took him) because he was getting to the point of clawing on things and I got new furniture.  Plus he couldn't decide if he wanted to be inside or outside and I didn't want to fight fleas with my dog who is allergic to them.  Soooo, Simon is gone but he was a precious kitten while he lived with us.


On March 17th I did Run for Life 5K in Hartselle Al

I also learned about compression sleeves to help shin splints which were given me an awful time.  These things are my hero! I can hardly run without them but as long as I have them my legs do fine! :) So If you suffer from shin splints, Ice and elevate them after runs and where compression sleeves during and after them as well. 

I went on to run in the Dispatch Dash which was in Decatur and my friend Jill Ran that with me.


In April I ran River City Run and have not a single picture to say that I did it! But, I promise I did!  I lost my support. Thomas was at every race until then, and believe me I can tell a difference when he is there rooting me on or not.  Since I didn't have a picture here are my official stats from the race

Female 35 to 39

                                                                                              Total  
    Place    Name                              City              Bib No  Age   Overall         Time  
       1    Jeni Spencer                      Decatur  AL           452   37       42        26:18.9
       2    Kristi Anderson                   Decatur  AL           455   37       68        30:09.8
       3    Jonica Howard                     Decatur  AL           345   36       99        33:01.8
       4    Tonya West                        Decatur  AL           410   35      135        39:08.8
       5    Tanya Harper                      Madison  AL           338   36      136        39:20.8
       6    Candice Thigpen                   Decatur  AL           407   39      138        39:34.4
       7    Kristi Bogle                      Decatur  AL           306   39      149        47:05.6


Yes You Saw that right... I finished in 4th in my age group! That makes me happy even though I was over 5 minutes behind the 3rd place finisher.

Then, I finally ran my Cookie Dash that I had been training for.  No pictures really from that race either besides the big group photo that I was in.
Can't spot me? I am right center, with a white cap and black jacket on, see I told you I was there! :)

Here are my stats from this race.
   24   331  Heather Tinney        37  Madison        AL   39:51 12:50 
   25   339  Tonya West            35  Decatur        AL   40:09 12:56 
   26   368  Allison Huter         35  Gurley         AL   42:26 13:40 



No real speed demon there, I know, but Hey I did it!  

That pretty much catches me up to speed on my running, but there are other things that have happened.  Like my daughter went to not one but two proms.  Here are some of my favorite photos from those.








Yes they are absolutely gorgeous! I know! Thanks! haha

I think this pretty much gets us caught up from my negligence.  Now lets see if I can do a better job with this damn blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment