Saturday, June 4, 2011

Motivation

I have the motivation today! I feel accomplished. I got up and went for a 1 mile walk (with a slight 5 min jog).  I finished in 21 minutes and did some stretching.  I have drank 5 glasses of water already today, 3 more to go.  I met a good friend of mine (Leah) for lunch at Cracker Barrel and I ordered a grilled chicken salad, which was yummy!  I also remembered to take my vitamins.

My energy level was marvelous earlier, but the last hour or so I felt foggy headed and tired.  Like if I sat still long enough I would just fall asleep and sleep for a full 8 hours.  So now to find out what makes me feel that way so as to not hit my lazy slumps as this feeling happens often to me.

I am going to walk another mile this evening. That will make 2 miles today and its a good start. 

I definitely have to start small on my exercising.... my resting heart rate is 92 bpm.  A brisk walk has my heart rate between 168-172 bpm, an all out jog had me at 198 bpm.    This my friends is proof of being way out of shape.  Baby steps!  If I start now, then I should be able to start seeing my resting heart rate decrease along with  my poundage. :)  I weigh more now than I have ever in my life!!!! EVER! I weighed in at 192 lbs on 5/31/2011 and today it was 189 lbs.  So this week I have went down 3 lbs watching what I eat a little and throwing in some exercise! My weight loss goal is to reach 170 lbs (baby steps) That is 19 lbs. I should be able to reach that goal by the end of this summer.  Then, I will set myself another goal for Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment