Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jack of all...

For some reason I find myself wanting to do it all!!! Someone, anyone please help me fit in all the things that I enjoy and want to do in life an make it all simple.... any takers?

Here are few things that I think of doing often (in no particular order)
1) Skating and being a bad ass Derby girl
2) Learning to play the dulcimer (bad ass style)
3) Learning to play the mandolin (anyway, as long as it is music haha)
4) Making things, being creative in an artistic way
5) Reading... I have at least 4 books right now that I have been WANTING to read... but can't seem to find time to really want to read, if that makes any sense.  I mean I do enjoy reading when the house is clean and everything I have is all caught up and I can sit and relax in peace and quite... oh yes I love to read, but its so hard to find "THAT" time.
6) Hiking.
7) Kayaking
8) Cycling
9) Running (I have my eyes set on a 5K in August that is I worked really hard on I might could get in shape/train enough to do it by then.... I told myself I would start practicing (Running/jogging/walking) this week, I managed to go one day... blah).
10) Writing

Now that is a simple list of 10 items that I want to do.  For some reason I can't just have one thing and I think that all my wants make it hard for me to get really good at any one thing... ughhhh. I mean have a pair of bad ass roller derby skates that I paid ohhh 400 bucks for, then I have an awesome dulcimer that Thomas built me, and a mandolin that I got a steal on.... then I a rode bike, a mountain bike, an awesome kayak, a kick ass kindle for reading and anything I could possibly need to do all the things that I want to do...I just am not doing them enough to get good at them. 

One day at a time.  Maybe I should schedule myself to do somethings on a regular basis and make it happen! :)

2 comments:

  1. When in August is the 5k? If you're serious about it, I'll totally run it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having someone do it with me may be just what I need to motivate me! It is in 71 days (August 13th in Decatur) Brooke Hill Run for awareness, cost is 10 dollars. :)

    ReplyDelete