Monday, January 10, 2011

Progress

I have been reporting about my new found enjoyment in life... roller skating.

I am proud to say that when I went skating with Thomas on Sunday...... that I.... are you sitting down? I learned how to do a 180 turn.  This is major for a gal who is scared, timid, and down right frightened on skates.  I did not do it just once or twice but several times!

The next accomplishment... I played wipe out.  The game that makes me cringe just thinking of purposely throwing myself onto the hard roller rink.  I played while wearing my knee pads, elbow pads and wrist pads.... I threw myself onto that hard floor and trusted the pads to protect me, and you know what? THEY DID! The whole song/game of wipe out I threw myself down and got back up... it was quiet awesome if I do say so my damn self! haha.

Now, the reason for such improvement or forward progress this Sunday... on Saturday, I decided to go ahead and sign up for the Dixie Derby Boot Camp.  My fee has been paid, I am scheduled to do this, and now I must improve. 

Names:  I have been thinking of Derby names, in the event that I actually become one of the bad ass woman of this sport... Timeout Tonya, or Quarter Poundher are two names I had in mind.  I checked the long list of names already in use and neither of those were taken and a name generator helped me with those two names... Do you have any ideas of names? I welcome any suggestions or thoughts, just so I have a damn good name in place if I ever reach such awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment